Monday, March 26, 2007

It's been awhile!









Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay. There has been a number of things preventing us from updating our blog. Some good, some bad. The good news is I'm here to update!

Since typing last, we've loved and hated london. Probably more of the later, but things are improving without doubt.
Some highlights have been having Mark (Benjamin) and Therese his girlfriend visit. We had a lovely weekend with them 2-3 weekends ago. Saw some comedy, had a curry, went out for breaky, perused Camden Market and had fun! There was also a late night stop to KFC... pictures attached....

Esther and Cogs have also been for a visi. It was lovely having them here to stay for a night and to celebrate St Pats day with them near Richmond. We alll enjoyed a few lovely Guiness Pints... I'm not sure where they are now, check out their blog at www.kenny-maytravels.blogspot.com We also returned to our local Curry house with them...

Its been a rollercoaster, we were going to move out of where we are currently living and looked at a few places (all horrific and expensive) as we were unaware that we lived with smokers. We gave notice and then they gave notice. So we renegged on our notice. Lovely people, but WE HATE SMOKING ESP INSIDE!!! Great releif not having to move out.

School has been good for both of us. Tom's is very similar to East Doncaster... And mine isnt quite so posh and fabulous as I'd hoped. The girls are so unbelievable LOUD and rude!! I'm hopefully moving on to a new one for the summer term that is 5 days a week...

We've seeen a lot of Miranda and Justin who has also been our saviours. Lots of lovely breakfasts, out, and at their place, several dinners, pints, and shopping trips!!

We've booked to go to Germany for Easter leaving the day before Good Friday and returning on the Saturday 10days later. Cant wait. we'll see my host family near Hamburg and will prob nip down to Berlin... Lucky us! Stay tuned.

Today (My Mums birthday!!!!) Tom and I went to Kew Gardens. Very big, and pretty amazing.....

We know life is busy, but we'd love to hear from you. Drop us a line here, our email us! It's so nice hearing from friends. especially when they are ALL on the other side of the globe.

Lots of Love, Lucy and Tom :-) xxoo

2 comments:

  1. Smokers, a blight on the face of this earth!! Keep up the good fight!
    Your Travel Commrades

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, smoking in the house is awful - perhaps shooting or hanging? Perhaps a stint in Guantanemo Bay? Should teach them a damn good lesson.
    Well, he said, stubbing out a cigareete onto a photo of Lucy and Tom, it's good to hear that you are enjoying the wonder of late night KFC - isn't London HAPPENING!
    I have quite a number of friends I must introduce you to - some in the east End, others in North London, and of course Wales. I'll be over in July 2nd - 27th - so we can catch up and I'll show you a few cultural highlights - and low lights hopefully, perhaps you can take a weekend in Wales and we can walk the mountains and have a pint with boyo's.
    Melbourne is fantastic as usual - last night I went out to see the one man Star Wars show (crap)_ and then Sean Hughes (Rule Brittania)who was fucking hilarious. If he's is doing some gigs in London GO.
    Tonight dinner in the city and an Uber Lingua gig. Wow, I love this place. Hey, many of my friends are teachers (ugh, I know) but they should be able to hook you up with some good work - they are in pretty decent schools. I'll give them your blog address.

    Aside from KFC tell me you've been to the National gallery, the Tate Modern, the Britich Museum, Waggammas in Soho, the Pitt Rivers Museum, checked out loads of bands and plays and all the amazing stuff that goes on in London. Oh, too expensive, just watching TV. I see. Well, Melbourne will always be here (unless a great fucking Tsunami levels it sometime soon.)

    Gotta Go!

    Dylan

    ReplyDelete